Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a Jar
Print, Email, or Text this recipe
Yield: 5 (125ml) mason jars
For the crust:
- heaping 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs (10 squares) or use homemade PB graham crackers
- 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or Earth Balance)
- 2.5 tsp cocoa powder
For the filling:
- 200 grams soft/silken organic tofu, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Sucanat or brown sugar, processed into powder (or 3-5 tbsp icing sugar)*see question #6
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- salt, to taste
For the chocolate shell:
- 2.5 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil (or Earth Balance)
1. If making homemade powdered sugar, add 1/2 cup of Sucanat (or brown sugar) into a high-speed blender and blend until a powder forms. Set aside, but leave the lid on as it needs to settle.
2. In a food processor, process the crust ingredients until crumbs are a bit damp. Add 2 tablespoons of the crust into each jar. Spread out evenly and flatten with fingers.
3. Quickly wipe out the processor bowl. Now add the filling ingredients and process until silky smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
4. Add 3 tablespoons of filling into each jar and spread gently with a spoon. Place jars into freezer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes to firm up a bit.
5. Remove jars from freezer and melt the chocolate on the stove-top or microwave. Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of the filling. Quickly, twist the jar around to coat all sides. Repeat for the rest. chill in the fridge or freezer to firm up the chocolate or just dig in as is!